When the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) was introduced in 2008 we always intended to convert our existing trucks to new exhaust systems and filters (at great expense) to meet the new requirements. However, with the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) starting in April 2019, we decided to purchase and upgrade the fleet with brand new Euro 6s compliant DAF 230’s.
Following discussions with Kel-Burg trailers & Trucks Ltd. we were advised as to the specifications for what was needed to comply with the new regulations when working in London. The new specification includes:
- Roof-mounted flashing beacon
- Proximity blind-spot mirror
- Rear-reversing camera
- Side pedestrian/cyclist under-run bars
- Satellite trackers to give accurate data and control over the vehicles’ movements, speed and location
- External surround cameras and in-cab cameras
- Audible warning systems for when turning and reversing
- Auto-sheeting systems for covering the full skips without the need for the driver to climb up on the vehicle.
Our Skip Lorry’s are the extremely environmentally friendly and energy efficient trucks and meet all the new ULEZ requirements.