Safe and Environmentally Friendly Skip Lorries
The importance of operating a safe fleet of trucks is a responsibility that we take very seriously.
GSE Skips & Recycling Ltd’s trucks are fitted with the following safety equipment:
- Roof-mounted flashing beacons
- Proximity blind-spot mirror
- Near-side direct vision window
- Rear-reversing camera
- Side pedestrian/cyclist under-run bars
- Satellite trackers to give accurate data and control over the vehicles’ movements, speed and location
- External surround cameras and in-cab cameras
- Audible warning systems for when turning and reversing
- Auto-sheeting systems for covering the full skips without the need for the driver to climb up on the vehicle
Environmentally cleaner engines
With a large percentage of our service area being in Greater London and the Home Counties, we operate within the London Low Emission Zone or “LEZ”. Covered broadly within the M25, the LEZ is a traffic pollution-charging scheme, with the aim of reducing the exhaust gas emissions of diesel-powered commercial vehicles in London.
All our vehicles meet the European emissions legislation standards that ensure environmentally cleaner engines by reducing the levels of harmful vehicle emissions such as nitrogen oxide (NO2), carbon monoxide (CO), hydrocarbons (THC and NMHC) and particulate matter (PM).